Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Light of the Cross

The Light of the Cross















The journey began when I knew not
That I was.
Cradling me in my mother's womb,
Thy light led me through then.
Hazy ways sperse before me,
Many a snowflake misleading.
Mazes winding and unwinding,
Unseen ditches all over strewn.
Did I, for once,
Cling to latches of fear?
Nay!
I looked to Thy Cross,
And Thine eyes shone upon me.
Thine mighty palms held
My fingers feeble.The Light of The Cross
Assured me of Thy Promise.
Flames of the Eternal shelter
Lit deserts of darkness.
Great still, is Thy protection!
Thine neverblinking eyes
Over me, a sleepless watch keep.
And so with the Psalmist
Aloud proclaim do I-
Thy Word
Is a lamp unto my feet,
And a light unto my path,
Forever and evermore!

No comments:

Post a Comment