Saturday, July 31, 2010

Passing by...

I strut stupefied in the corridors that I once
thought were solely mine; but my foreboded
fears have taken their toll; it's now final
that I barely belong to these homely halls.
Why then do I flip my flimsy thoughts
over this that I now unown?
Time, that nasty, naughty fellow snaps, creaks
And buhahaas on my ignoble ignorance;
We both 'tis true, had a stupid stake-
Who will win- he or me?
Foolish and frantic I try running away.
Lo! But who's holding me back, back, back?
Let me go, get lost
with my tear-wet reminiscences...
Oh let not bind me with your blinding
bonds anymore...
Let me turn to lend a lean look
at what I have left behind
and what has left me behind...

Psst: I haven't done a 're-vision' on these lines, I merely wanted to ventilate my impulsive and mixed emotions, having bid adieu to the loveliest phase of my college life... :-(
Tears, Little Wing

1 comment:

  1. beautifully said little wing.. but you know what,those hallways and memories are a part of your life's silhouette now..watch carefully on a sunny day..u might see all their seven colours.And know what,mothers have this awful knack of pushing us over the edge..when we least want it..coz that's how we will learn to fly..breeze up those white wings..and soar high..you can..

    ReplyDelete