Saturday, November 14, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head :-)

It rained heavily today. Rains bring me back memories most often. Only that either I might not be home or getting over the endless to-do lists to savour the wonderful feeling they'd gift me with. At last today- since many days, Time was compassionate enough to favour me :-)
I took a repose though only for a few minutes, by my window watching the raindrops rushing fast downward, humming one of the masterpieces of Colonial Cousins - Indian Rain. I cannot put into words the delight I felt then. Moments of those old rainy days my brother and I used to blend with our special music flashed across me. Sailing on an open boat in rainy memories. Thats the warmth that rains can give us, eh? There but remains a few silent questions in my mind. In the midst of all the hearsay (um, facts) of the rapid global climatic changes, I'm wondering: would the later years still fetch us lovely rainy days? Or would all the nostalgic commoners like me have to have lone memories and not rain laden ones? I hope, not.

Pssst: Yeah, lets not sit back and merely hope so, but find how to join hands to not let our precious eco-gifts be lost. Little Wing wants to keep flying to the rain-sopped cliffs too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment