Monday, October 5, 2026

Outstretched Arms

The waters meander behind me
While the winds play with my tresses.
I see my thoughts rippling on the waves
Taken away in a pebble's throw
I stand there, arms stretched out 
In vain, trying to catch hold of them.
To my stale room I retire,
Sit at the dingy couch
Sullen,
Head to toe outweighed by the dim light,
Watch the waters meander,
Watch my thoughts ripple away
In that one pebble's throw.
Out stretched arms.
A long lost log of wood
Drift by my feet
Taking my dreams away,
Out stretched arms
Lay still,
Watching them drift in the silence
Of the night's chill.
The moon stretches her arms,
Beaming at the newfound
Collectibles, ready
To showcase
The crimson red and emerald green
Dreams,
Gilded with ancient foils of gold
And wrapped in the glass chest.
Never to gift to a beloved 
Nor to return to who those belonged.
Selfishness is a disease
Incurable 
But deadly,
Giving a thousand stabs
Behind the outstretched arms
And the still heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment